Saturday, October 4, 2008

Goat Tribute Day

This is Grey Goat. If you notice he has a little gray tint in his fur, but what really makes him stand out is the "eyeliner and mascara look". Isn't he an interesting looking guy. He was a pass through, so he's not here anymore, but didn't he look cool.





These ladies are Goldie, Meg and Cybil (right to left). George bought these 3 to be our nannies. They should have babies this fall. Meg is the mean one. She is just plain hateful. Goldie and Cybil are a little better. They just were not handled enough when they were young, so they don't come to be petted like the rest do. Meg and I have a mutual dislike going on.


No matter how much food you put out, they all try to eat from the same spot. They don't want anyone else to get something that they might be able to get. We have trough's now.... You can put food in the 1st trough and then go to the second and all the goats leave the 1st trough and follow you to the next one. We have three... once you get done putting food out, they jockey for position and chase each other away from their chosen spots. (These goats are Freckles and Grey Goat...the one in the middle is not a goat...that's Sadie the Great Pyranese/Anatollian Mix...our goat dog....the goats are helping Sadie eat her food....we have a couple that prefer the dog food to their sweet feed...might just be less competition...and apparently Sadie doesn't mind sharing).

This is Cybil again. I just liked the look on her face.

This is Mable. She should be a mommy very soon. She has gained 30 pounds in the last month and though her belly isn't all rounded out on the sides, it's getting much closer to the ground. She is very sweet natured. Her previous owners must have spent some time with her. She likes to pet us. She will rub her head on your leg or hand...but don't reach for here head...she doesn't like that and will walk away. You can pet her on the neck and back though....Mable is our first big nanny and she's my fav.


We have more goats, but I jus wanted to share some of my cool goat photos....maybe I can get some good shots of our newest babies with their Mom.... Aggie and her twins, Annie and Andy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that one of Cybil best!
She's really grinning and looks so sweet.
Alex would gladly give you her goat right now, she pretty much refers to him as "Stupid" or other words that I've told her she is not supposed to say out loud!
Time for him to go.

Karla Rush said...

We had a few goats when I was a girl. I have been thinking about getting a goat to be a companion to my baby mule. Wonder if maybe Meg would get along with a mule?

ncwdust said...

Meg probably can't get along with anyone....I'm interested to see how she is when she's a mommy...which should be November I think....

Sara would be a good companion probalby...I tend to believe that she was a bottle baby because she is so gentle...she's not one of our big goats but she will still grow quite a bit, I think.....I believe she's destined for the sale soon....