Sunday, October 5, 2008

Plant Crazy Day

I went crazy on Saturday and bought a bunch of plants at an auction...I got a good deal on the ones I wanted, and then I bought the left overs for $3 for the hole lot...I ended up with about 12 plants....I only know what a few of them are...I got 2 Ficus trees, a tall cool cactus and a huge pot of Mother-in-laws tounges that I separated out into like 5 pots of nice looking sets and then have 2 pots of messy ones left over.......can you help me identify these please......


This one is very viney.



Long and viney....root in the top of the dirt, not running deep.



Appears to have potential purplish blooms on the way.



This is growing in 2 of the pots with other plants....is this a weed or a plant?



This one has thorns.



Is this an outside plant...some sort of tree?


Is this an outside plant....a shrub maybe?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe our friend Karla can help you...I'm pretty much clueless on the plant stuff.

Sounds like you got some good buys though!

Karla Rush said...

Wow...great find on the plants. Looks like the first one is a philodand, then a 'jew' plant. I'm not sure what the next one is and the fourth one I've tried to grow but couldn't. The one with thorns is a mystery but the last one might be a crepe myrtle?
Happy Growing!

Karla Rush said...

Oh, I forgot. The little thing growing in the big pot might be hollyhock. Almost looks like squash when they first come up but the get really big and tall....