Monday, July 6, 2009

How we change


This is me and Wink.....

I've been spending a little time most days (but not all) riding the horses.... Wink and I have been enjoying each other's company (haha...don't ask him about this) quite a bit lately. He's such a beautiful horse and can be such a sweetheart too...then there are the other times...but hey....no one is perfect.
I've also been playing in my garden and finding some fruit patches...I picked blackberries and blueberries over the weekend...why this intrigues me so much is really beyond me because now that I have the fruit...I don't know what I want to do with it....I think I'll make a cobbler out of the blackberries...but the blueberries....well....I gave some away and I froze some...and I'm eating some each day.....but the odd thing is that I didn't know I liked fresh blueberries (blueberry muffins yes...but fresh?) until after I went and picked 2 gallons.... I think it has something to do with the hunter gatherer urges that we are all born with....but....if you had told me 20 years ago or so that I would be doing this and enjoying it, I would have been laughing at you to your face.....my my how we change.

No comments: