Saturday, October 10, 2009

A chill in the air

What a nice feeling morning! I'm loving that chill in the air. It makes me want to be outside doing something productive or riding my horse....but inside is calling me today...I've picked up and cleaned up the house some, I'm ironing my clothes (taking a short break but I'm 1/2 done), changing the sheets, etc....just had to get the house back in order....

I've got a roast in the crockpot for this weekend...George is going to cook some pork ribs and at some point I'm going to make gnoccchi for the first time :-).... For some reason I've had a hanerkin' for some and I didn't find it in our local grocery stores...but I could have overlooked it.....ah well...it really doesn't sound that hard....so we'll see. Sounds like the weather really makes us want to cook....

Nicole is supposed to come on Thursday...and they we have an appointment to have her Sr. photos made on Friday afternoon.... George will take Nicole back on Sunday, I belive....Saturday I leave for the AATYC Conference in Hot Springs and come back on Tuesday.....Ozarka is decorating the dining room for the All-Star Brunch so I've got a ton of things to pack and take with me....hopefully it will look like I'm envisioning it....We've got some cool "star" wrapping paper that we are wrapping boxes and putting pretty bows on to use as the centerpiece...then we have star confetti (multi sizes) and curling ribbon to scatter on the tables.... we had a super small budget to decorate 80+ tables...so we had to be creative....we are under budget thanks to George...he provided our boxes.

The new goats are really sweet...they were following George around earlier and they seem to like being close to the horse and mule. I still don't have names for them but I'm working on it.

My friend Kim is going to do another photo challenge...If you're interested in playing along check out her blog at http://kimwhitten.blogspot.com/ and let her know you want to play. The color challenge that we did in the spring was lots of fun and it was very inspiring as well.

No comments: