Sunday, January 4, 2009

The first day of the rest of my life

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.... There are some things that I will change this year....

  • I will lose weight and get in better shape
  • I will be a more positive person
  • I will accept the changes that are coming my way and look at them as positive (there are some important things changing for me at work)
  • I will take better care of myself with health related issues (no more letting things go...I'm 40 you know...time to step up)
  • I will shop less and spend less
  • I will conquer my problems with Goldie and enjoy riding my horse
  • I will scrapbook more and use the products that I have

I did not choose January 1 to begin my quest for change, but January 5th...the first day back to work, the first day of normalcy for me....

Today I ironed everything in my closet that I can wear to work (it took all morning) and I'm going out for Mexican food for dinner....I start tomorrow with a Dr. appointment....and scheduling an eye appointment as well. Another new venture for me is teaching a Student Success Class at work. If my class makes, I will have students for 8 weeks....I am looking forward to testing myself with this new venture. I once dreamed that I would teach at a college, but have long since decided that was not my calling....however, I am going to get a little taste of it now. Intersting, I think.

1 comment:

Karla Rush said...

Looking forward to hearing about you and Goldie....and how she likes her new house.