Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Overwhelmed

Today I have felt so overwhelmed by the list of things that I need to do. I kept thinking of things that I either should have done or will have to have done shortly, so I made a list... I have 22 things on my list...at the end of the day, I had 3 marked off...only three....I have highlighted a couple that have specific due dates and I've highlighted the ones that I can't finish because I'm waiting on someone else to do their work first :-( I feel so out of control......I think it's my boss's fault because he has turned in his resignation and I'm feeling a bit ungrounded in my position at the moment....ah....this too shall pass. Tomorrow is the first day this week that I can be at my desk all day, so finally 8 hours on task...that's my goal! Bet that list shrinks tomorrow!

I feel almost the same way at home. I have to prepare to teach a class that starts on Tuesday....however, I've never taught a class and I'm excited but a bit daunted as well. My section probalby won't make, but if it doesn't then Holly and I are going to team teach her section....so I still have to teach but if we do her section together, then we will most likely do what she had planned...which is great for me (I think).

I've decided it's time for me to shape up and get fit...the diet is going ok so far...no one has lost an arm yet....and my dear husband, the wonderful man that he is, has moved my treadmill from the shop into our study...talk about crowded...but hey...who needs nice neat organized space anyway ....oh wait...that's me isn't it ;-) I walked for a little while tonight...it's a start.

As you can see, tonight is a night for rambling....

1 comment:

Karla Rush said...

Nancy, If I know you as well as I think I do, you just see a list of things to do as a challenge. You'll have one of those really productive days and wipe that list out!