Thursday, January 8, 2009

Meeting someone new


See the poor little lady in the center with the brown head. She's new to the herd. See how everyone is gathering around her and Meg is even sniffing her.


Here you can only see her back end...but you can see Aggie (the brown one) and Mable (big white one with brown head) doing the sniffing.


Here she faces Sadie, the goat dog. She must come from a herd with a meaner dog than Sadie because she took the gathering around and sniffing just fine until Sadie moved in. Of course Sadie was only trying to meet her.

Here she is surrounded by all the white goats (Cybil, Goldie and Meg)...everyone has to check her out....see the line forming behind the trash cans.
Now, think about this.....wouldn't this be great....meet someone new...look them over really good....sniff around a little to see what kind of person they really are (but I'm afraid that's not really revealed the same way for people as it is for goats....and I'm probably glad)....decide if they are a threat to you or if they are going to be your new bff..... just thinking that it seems to be much easier in the animal kingdom hum.....

Oh....and by the way.....I think her name is going to be Carol.

3 comments:

Karla Rush said...

Carol is a good name. I think I am glad we don't have to sniff each other to find our friends though...

ncwdust said...

I tell you it just wouldn't pay for strangers to treat me the way Carol was treated last night and this morning...the fight would be on! Goldie the goat and I would tie up...and we still might if she doesn't lighten up on Carol.

Karla Rush said...

I always feel sorry for the new kid on the block (no pun intended there) when everybody else is trying to be bossy and the poor little new one just wants to be friends! Reminds me of playground stuff in grade school.
Hope the baby shower is/was fun!