Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter (photo heavy)

Today is Easter....Happy Easter to all!
George and I went to Pocahontas to visit with some of his/our family today. Henry, Rita, Mohamed, Helen, Fatena, Hailey, Katie, Paul, Christie, Katie Grace and Laurel were there (along with the dogs...Tess & Max)... It was a very nice day even though the weather didn't exactly cooperate. Easter should be warm and sunny for all of those beautiful springy Easter frocks to be worn.....alas, a lot of sweaters were worn today all around....We got there early so that we wouldn't have as much competition for Fatena's favor....she's such a cutie pie!
Here's Uncle George with Fatena.

Grandpa and Fatena sharing a hug.

Henry and George....like father like son...we always have them grilling.

The ladies (except for me and Rita...we were taking photos).

Mohamed and his dog Max. Max isn't like Tess (my spoiled rotten K-9). Max has a real job...he's a guard dog and very good at his job.

Laurel has a lot of affection for Tess. Tess has grown up playing with Laurel and Katie Grace at our family get-togethers. Even in the cold and rain, Laurel was willing to hang out with Tess.

Another photo.... Me and Fatena...Tess had a little jealously problem but she survived. As it happens, Fatena likes dogs, so she was fine with Tess hanging out with us.

I know I took some photos of Rita but as it happens it was with her camera. I'm going to have to ask her to email them to me. I also didn't get a shot of Paul today. He was entertaining the ladies during their photo and I never got a shot.

My color group is working on purple this week. I knew I could find some purple at Rita's house. She has the most wonderful flowers...so I knew she had to have some purple ones.... I was in luck! All sorts of blooms going on today.

I hope you all had a great Easter holiday...and along with chasing the Easter Bunny remembered the "OTHER" Easter story....Peace be with you all!

1 comment:

Karla Rush said...

That Fatena is stunning. I love her dark eyes.