Thursday, January 7, 2010

BRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

WOW! It sure is cold outside. Tonight the horse and mule said that they needed more hay. I know....Horses can't talk...but I assure you Goldie let us know she was not happy with her current situation and wanted some attention. She paws at things when she wants attention....so George and I braved the cold to get a round bale from the hay barn and put it out...we also had to water the animals. So....here's an interesting tidbit to share...though it is a bit sad.... When I went to water the horses (I used this word to mean both the horse and the mule), I put the hose in the tank and then I switched on the light. Glad I did....there was a squirrel that had fallen in the tank and couldn't get out...it was dead of course (which is the sad part) but it was a bit freaky to turn on the light and see something furry that I was not expecting....I got it out of the tank and it was frozen stiff.

I was really surprised that I didn't get any colder than I did while we were out there but I was bundled up pretty good....

Maybe tomorrow I'll have something better to post.

No comments: