Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

Today was a snowy day all across the state.... I got the phone call this morning that let me know that our school would be closed for the day. I stayed in bed and was lazy for a while...then I got up....I had promised myself that I would clean the house this weekend...or on the snow day if we got one....so I had to get started....but first, I had to feed my horse and mule.

Tess and I went out and I though man, I'm already "truding" through the snow and it's 8:30.

Tess had to play in the snow some more but I had work to do...so I threw the ball in the front yard and she played there and on the porch.

This is a photo of the snow falling taken from the front porch.....


Tess loves to play catch and chase...no matter the weather. She is on the porch here.


Here she is again...trying to decide if she wants to give me the ball again....or keep it for herself.
And another.....

George worked today, so after he got home (and of course he said the road was fine, not slick at all) we went for a drive. We didn't meet a lot of traffic but we did manage to get behind a couple of people that shouldn't have been out driving :-/.... Anyway... we didn't have any trouble at all and it was beautiful out there.... but apparently some people would say it was slick since we saw about 5 in the ditch.

This shot, through my window and side mirror, is of the snow flying up from behind the truck as we drove down the highway...

After we got back, I had to feed the animals. The trudging was much more difficult now. I waded through drifts up to my knees on the way across the yard..... Did get a 4-wheeler ride back to the house when George got done getting hay for the goats.

I haven't taken any photos of the final snowfall but I will tomorrow. It should be a beautiful white wonderland.

No comments: