Sunday, March 8, 2009

Great Weekend

Wasn't it a beautiful weekend! All that lovely sunshine and the warm weather...absolutely delicious. I had tons of fun this weekend...had a nice birthday dinner for Betty at Gaston's on Friday night, enjoyed the track on Saturday and did some "sight seeing" today with George when we went to look at a horse. The horse was nice and calm but not exactly what we were looking for. If you need a young horse that is calmer than calm (maybe for the grandkid)Fancy/Rose might be one to check on.
Here's a photo from Bull Shoals Dam out past Lakeview.

It was such a beautiful day that I took a walk down to the pond to play with my NEW CAMERA and I had to let Tess chase some sticks in the water (one of her favorite things)....Loved this photo.

I let the horse roam around in the yard all afternoon and the goats got to bask in the sun.....I packed away all the heavy heavy winter things...if it's cold now, I'll just have to layer... and I got all of my spring/summer stuff out and washed it...raised all the windows in the house and let the wind blow thru! Ah....Spring !!!

I am playing a photo game with some of my friends and a group of their friends...it's color week...every week we take photos of different colors...week one was Hot Pink...Week 2 is Bright Yellow...It's amazing how many places you start seeing these colors when you are "keeping an eye out" for them. Yesterday, I was wishing I had taken my camera to the races because they had all those colorful jockey silks...and the horse called Prom Shoes had Hot Pink silks.......alas, I didn't get that shot....NEXT TIME I WILL.....

2 comments:

Karla Rush said...

Tess is such a lucky girl!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe you didn't take your camera you silly wabbit!

Love*love that picture of Tess!

cannot wait to see what you do with your new camera! wheeeee