Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Day of the Father

Today is Father's Day.... we invited our Dad's to come to our house for lunch today. We had a small gathering...... My family...Dad (Tommy), Mom (June) & Thomas..... George's family (some of it).... Henry, Rita and Matt....and Russell was home....We had a nice long visit and plenty of food for lunch....

This is me and my Dad (Tommy)..... we're sitting on my deck in the new chairs that Henry got for Father's Day. I reverted to childhood and made my Dad's gift....a scrapbook of his family.
Here's our parents... in order ...... Henry, Tommy, June & Rita... for a while today we had a really nice breeze on the deck and used the canopy to block the sun...but we took advantage of the air conditioning for a large part of the day.....

This is my brother, Thomas. He's a great guy....I often wish I had the outgoing personality that he has...but, alas....I just do not.

And....here's George....kicked back waiting to open his Father's Day gift and watching golf (why????? oh why?????? I'll never know).....
I hope our Dad's enjoyed the day and know how much we do really love and appreciate them. I know we enjoyed it a lot!

Happy Fathers' Day to all.

No comments: