Sunday, February 8, 2009

Views, Guitars and Shoes

OK, I'm planning to be much better about my blog. I have been absent a lot lately....of course we had several days of no power and all that. But I will be better.

We went to Nashville this weekend to see the school that Russell wants to go to after graduation. When we got home, I was looking at my camera to see what photos were on the card and I found this one.... I saw the sun setting one evening during the ice storm and took a photo....it turned out ok...I think it looks pretty cool. I love those pink surises and sunsets.




While we were walking around the 400 block of Broadway in Nashville, I heard a "walking tour" guide say that this was the prettiest Guitar in Nashville, so I snapped this photo while we were walking across the street. I cropped all the people out of the photo once but decided I like it better like this....



If you know my husband, you know that he was under an extreme amount of torture this weekend as he HATES COUNTRY MUSIC.... while, I on the other hand quite enjoy it.....and we were in the Country Music Capital of the World.... I didn't torture him much...but I did want to go see some of the famous honkytonks...we did this early in the afternoon so I could see the scene and beat the big crowds....I really wasn't interested in hanging out in one, just seeing them.

The Opry Mills mall is huge....I spent several hours walking around in there but didn't buy anything...but...I did fall in love with a pair of Cole Hahn shoes.... probably going to regret not buying them...but dang, even on sale they cost more than I would normally pay...so I restrained myself....but man were they cute!

On another note, Tess, my wonderful beautiful black lab turned 4 on Saturday...she spent the weekend with my mom, dad, and brother while we were traveling....she celebrated with about a pound and a half of hotdogs. We can always count on Dad to feed her hotdogs...and Mom always makes sure there are some in the fridge when she is coming to visit.....did I mention that my dog is spoiled!

More birthday celebrations to follow this week...stay tuned....

Peace be with you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Nashville pic and the fact that you left the random people in there! Glad you guys made it back safe and sound.

Karla Rush said...

Maybe Tess could have a birthday cake and the hotdogs could be like candles on the cake!