Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve Eve

I'm starting to get that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with the Thanksgiving holiday. Our holiday tradition is not like everyone elses...first of all, at this point in our lives, we alternate Thanksgivings with the kids....But, no matter how few or how many we have,it's a hunting holiday for the guys. They hunt and then George deepfry's a turkey and I do all the other traditional Thanksgiving dinner fixins'. This year there will only be three of us...George, Ryan and Myself....after dinner (at noon), I'll decorate for christmas....

Our holiday may seem a bit uninspired to some and kind of lonely to others, but it suits us just fine. Our door is open to any of our friends and family that want or need a place to go for the holiday...

I'm starting off the food fest by baking tonight... I'm making some of George's Great Grandmother Dust's sugar cookies.... Ryan emailed me to ask if I would make some...so tonight is it...and he'll be home tonight as well.....

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Karla Rush said...

Bring some of those famous sugar cookies to the trail ride. We'll sneak them in the saddle bags!

ncwdust said...

That was my plan! I thought they would be easy to eat (not plates required)!