Sunday, December 28, 2008

A day outside

We have had a beautiful day after such in icky stormy day yesterday. It was sweatshirt weather and dry! We got a lot done today and I really enjoy being outside with the animals.... I took a ton of photos today...I'm sharing several but not nearly all that I took...I think I should change the name of my blog to A Day in the Life of a Goat and Other Creatures.

After getting lucky enough to get back into our bed at night (Russell is out of town...she's been sleeping with him), Tess is having a hard time getting out of it in the morning. You'll notice that she is in the middle and not at the foot of the bed....this is her favorite spot at night.

This morning when I went outside to feed Goldie (the horse) and the goats, I noticed that the frost had thawed from the porch...with the exception of a few spots....it is amazing how such a small amount of shade could keep a spot from defrosting.

Sometimes, Goldie and I don't see eye to eye on where she should stand so that I can take a picture. Today, she wanted to stand with her nose touching me...I think she was sniffing for apple treats...however, she had eaten them all before I started taking pictures. She and I took a walk to the new barn so that she could check it out.

Another "bird's eye view" of Goldie....

Aggie is one of my most favorite goats. She is not shy and is very curious. She is a milk goat and has twins that are almost as big as she is now....anyway....Aggie likes to investigate and she was very interested in my camera today.

This is Andy and Annie...Aggie's Twins.... aren't they sweet. They come close but are a lot more timid than their Mom....maybe one day they will be like Aggie and Mable...

Sadie and Aggie can't let you walk through their pen without getting some attention. Isn't Sadie beautiful. She is the sweetest thing and craves attention, even though she gets plenty (I promise)!

Here's how we spent our day....very productive if you ask me (and I'm sure Goldie will appreciate it....I think she was thinking "a day late" after that rain last night.

This is how the barn looked this morning when we started.... Ryan, George, Russell, my Dad (Tommy) and I have all worked on it some before today....

Ta-Dah! It's done...other than the paint job that is...and that will be a while probably....it can be used now. There will be some fence building to follow very shortly.

No comments: